So there we were; camped at Corn Spring in Southern California's middle of nowhere. Joe and Kevin were off setting up their traps and I was trying to hurry and get dinner ready before it got dark. Ari was playing happily in the dirt nearby when suddenly he was interested in something in the sky. He started pointing at the sky and saying "dat, dat, dat" (translation: "that, that, that"). I didn't really "have time" to see what he was pointing at so I went about my dinner preparations and started calling out various things I thought it would be "clouds, bird, airplane, tree etc." None of these seemed to satisfy him as the "dat's" were getting more and more urgent. I finally turned around to see what was so important and stared right into the face of a pretty sunset. Ari looked at me and pointed at the sky and said "Ohhhhh" (this is a sound he makes when he finds something particularly interesting). I picked Ari up and we spent a few minutes ohhhing and awwwing and watching the sunset.
I'm not sure if Ari was interested in the sunset because he noticed the different colors in the sky or if he recalled all the times I have taken him running out of the house to see the sky all aglow. Either way I was pretty proud.
Sunday, March 9, 2008
A Pround Moment in Parenting
Posted by
Lindsey
at
7:09 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What a great mom you are. Fabulous story. I'm proud of Ari too. And his mom for teaching him the important things in life.
[first thoughts]WOW! THAT is AWESOME!!.........[minutes later before coming back to the computer to write this]...... WOW!!
Post a Comment