These photos are from today's lap around the block. Ari likes to collect things he finds and put them in whatever he happens to be pushing/pulling that day. Today he had the toy we refer to as the "lawn mower". It's the only toy with compartments so Ari was able to separate his finds. On occasion I have noticed that it weirds him out when the items are touching; sometimes when were walking the block with the stroller and the collected items are jumbled together he will throw out all but one type of item (i.e sticks and flowers get tossed, spruce cones get to stay).
I had never seen him categorize his items like this before. If we hit a bump in the sidewalk and one of the rocks bounced into the circle compartment we would have to stop so that he could move the rock back into the triangle compartment where it belonged. It was weird.
Tuesday, June 17, 2008
Sequential so Young?
Posted by
Lindsey
at
1:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
That's awesome. A genius in the making, to be sure. I can't tell you how cool I think it is that he sorts things out so carefully. I wonder which side of the family he gets that from??? Perhaps he's a breed all unto himself.
That kind of sorting skill is a sign of a serious talent at math! Half of kindergarten is teaching kids how to sort things.
Well, well. Next generation's Mr. Monk? Nah, I can't see Mr. Monk getting excited over a Jeep..
Post a Comment