I had a doctors appointment today. Allow me to share the good the bad and the ugly.
Bad: Glucose drink. A mixture of Sunkist soda and metal.
Bad: Blood draw
Good: 131 pounds
Good: Our Doula joined us for this appointment
Good: Labor and Delivery has a hot tub
Good: My Dr. will allow me to be in said hot tub until I'm ready to give birth, even after my water breaks.
Good: They have underwater fetal heart monitors
Bad: Dr. couldn't find a heartbeat
Good: Dr. finds heartbeat
Bad: Heartbeat is found in my ribcage
Ugly: Baby is breech
Ugly: Dr. gave me a pamphlet about C-Sections and laughed...was he joking?
Good?: I still have 10-11 weeks...that's enough time...right? So why was no one all that encouraging?
Good: Doula hooked me up with this website /www.spinningbabies.com/
Good: The delivery rooms look like a really nice hotel with big windows
Good: The nurses seemed really nice
Bad: Me freaking out on the way home
Good: My conversation with Claud in which she just kept laughing
Bad: Still feeling a bit nervous about the whole thing
On a side note. I know the exact moment this kid decided to rotate. Saturday night 10:45 pm. Joe and I were watching a movie, well, Joe was watching a movie. I was watching my belly go CRAZY, I was afraid my kid might be having seizures. Ever since that episode I've had what feels like a head in my ribs.
Send baby flipping vibes.
Wednesday, July 1, 2009
Baby Flipping Vibes Needed
Posted by
Lindsey
at
9:35 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Many of my docs have said that babies can flip spontaneously one way or another until 36 weeks, and then for the next 2-3 weeks they can be turned manually (this procedure is even mentioned in most of the baby books, even the conservative ones). They usually do it in the delivery room, though, because it can make it so you have to have an emergency c-section---but if you're facing one anyway....
You have all the baby flipping vibes I can muster up. Aren't there all sorts of stretches and things that you can do to get that kid to rotate? I bet there is. It will be all okay.
On it.
You got it. Don't worry. He'll flip all by his little self.
He's been a stubborn one anyway, he's just asserting his dominance. But your his mom--tell him whose boss, do 30 somersaults, and he'll be so dizzy he won't know which way is up!
Seriously, try all those exercises I read about last night (and tell me how it goes!) And watch for baby flipping vibes flying thrsough the air, I sent a bunch this morning.
Eva was breach until I was between 36 and 37 weeks and then she turned on her own. Don't worry. If he flipped recently, he can still flip. Spinning babies is useful, kinda - it gives you something to do. We did acupuncture too, which did help - more than the stuff in spinning babies. But what really helped was prayer. ...moxi sticks were kinda fun though! :)
Thinking flipping thoughts for you guys.
I have a book...I'll bring it by with some fresh lettuce and spinach from our garden.
Now if I could only remember where you live...perhaps I'll break down and call you LONG DISTANCE! :)
Post a Comment