Thursday, July 16, 2009

I a Carnivore, I Only Eat Meat

I was trying to convince Ari that he really needed to eat his bean burrito, after several failed attempts he looks as me and says: "Mom, I a carnivore, I only eat meat"

After Ari and I finished eating (we compromised on banana bread and apples, still not meat but apparently suitable):
Ari: let's go play toys!!!
Me: ok but I have to clean up the kitchen first
Ari: oh, ok, I'll help you
Me: thanks
Ari: (big sigh) your welcome
Then he immediately started singing "it's time to clean up, it's time to clean up, clean up, clean up, it's time to clean up, work with your Mom..." and he started actually putting things away. An apple went on the book shelf, a dirty plate in the fridge, string cheese wrapper in the microwave, a scrap of food in K-So's bowl...close enough.

2 comments:

Liv said...

I remember back when all he could do was smile at you when you made faces. Now he's cleaning the kitchen. What's next?

Unknown said...

Well, I haven't read your blog for about a week, and now I just get one big week full of smiles all at once. Just cracks me up! I love the Tophsons!