I eventually busted out of Labor and Delivery without having to stay overnight. Made a deal with my Dr what if he let me go I would come back the next day for my Fetal fibronectin test. I must have been seen as a flight risk... Anyway, I went back the next day and got the test; the results thankfully came back negative, which is actually a positive thing. I have a 95% chance of NOT delivering in the next 2 weeks, so that was good. Saved me from the dreaded 100% bed rest mandate.
Although the test results came back exactly the way I wanted it too I still managed to have a complete meltdown that same evening. Joe was packing to leave town (he left today) bound for southern Arizona and wasn't taking us with him. Something about being dialted, dirt roads, middle of nowhere on the Mexican border, hot... Ya, and I thoguht the Dr was being over cautions. Would have been a great trip...but lets not talk about that. The plan became for Joe to drop Ari and I off in St.G for the week, problem was I couldn't seem to find ANYONE aside from Joe and I (and some of my family members) who thought that was a good idea; something about no Doctors in Scipio. Even my doula (who attempts to remain neutral) looked like she was going to pass out when I mentioned skipping town.
I felt fairly confident that I wouldn't go into labor on the way down, this happened with Ari too. I was at a 5 and 90% and my Dr advised me against traveling to St.G for my brothers wedding, so I stayed and missed the wedding and still didn't give birth until 3 or so weeks later. BUT there's always that little wonder if, I would never be able to forgive myself if I gave birth to a preemie on I-15. I guess sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and be overly cautions right along with the rest of them. Strange I keep comparing this pregnancy to Ari's when really the only thing that's been the same is this early dilation thing; other than that this pregnancy is been totally and completely different, and not in a good way. That also had me a little worried. So after my mental meltdown we decided to stay here and my Mom and sister agreed to come up to Logan.
Should be fun. I was really looking forward to the 24/7 pool access but what can you do.
And as a side note, due to all this F.Tepedino took pity on me and hooked me up with my very own jar of her homemade spaghetti and meatball sauce. Ya, see, there's a silver lining to everything.
Saturday, July 25, 2009
Negative is Positive
Posted by
Lindsey
at
1:48 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You can have 24/7 pool access to our wading pool while we're down in Snowbird. Once we come back Thursday, though, you and I might have to arm wrestle for the privilege of being the beached whale in the kiddie pool. :-)
Man Lindsey, things are just not going your way. I was always so determined to travel right up to my due date, even when the doctor said it would be best if I didn't. However, those "what ifs" can really eat at you and I am sure you made the best decision. And, who would ever want to say they were born in Fillmore? How long is Joe gone? Maybe I will have to take my brood on a little road trip!
I'm right there with you Linds, feeling your anguish. What a bummer of a list couple of days!!! Perhaps that is an understatement. You know, I didn't manage to get to a 5 until I had been in labor for like 20 hrs... bodies really do their own thing. I don't know if keegles will help keep him in there, but it will at least give you something to do and does have other good lasting effects! :) Perhaps not as enjoyable as the pool.... ;)
Post a Comment