Something has gotten into my child. And my dog.
I've always thought that the transition into siblinghood would go relatively smooth for Ari considering he was a Daddy's boy. Notice I said WAS. About a month ago Ari started wanting to play a game he called "baby." This is where Ari sits on my lap and pretends he's a baby. He cries and wines and babbles and crawls all over me until I'm on the brink of insanity. It's a great game. He doesn't play baby with Joe, just me.
(I am however grateful that it's still Joe he wants when he wakes up at night).
And just when you thought it wasn't possible for K-So to get any needier, she did. She use to follow me around the house, which was fine, but at least she just had to be in the same room as me; now she apparently has to be stepping in the same spot as me...at the same time. I swear she's going to kill me, I can't exactly see effectively over my protruding belly. She won't even go outside without me. OUTSIDE I say, she's a dog, she loves going outside. If I throw her out she just sits by the door. And she insists on being the first thing I see in the morning; yes K-so, I have indeed lived through another night of sleep.
It's like everyone around here is loosing their minds...well, except Joe of course.
Oh and check out my dog. Did I mention she's also overweight? Ya, she won't even let me gain weight by myself. She's gained 9 pounds in 2 years (according to the vet), I'm pretty sure 75% of that was over the last 6 months. It's been a rough 6 months for all of us, especially not good for K-So considering she also had her 5thish birthday...i.e midlife crisis. Sorry for flaunting your chubbiness K-So but she seems to be shaped more like a heeler and less like a border collie these days eh? Oh, and what's Ari doing in this photo? Well, he's eating a banana; he's actually a monkey...likely a baby one.
Sigh. But aren't they cute.
Monday, July 6, 2009
Needy
Posted by
Lindsey
at
2:01 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
You guys too? At least you don't have the added bonus of a kid NEEDING to be in constant physical contact while sleeping, too. *sigh* They'll outgrow this, right?
Post a Comment