I remember before Ari was born Joe and I saying "Wow, when your done with School this kids going to be almost 5!" At the time it seemed like an eternity. Then we blinked. And it was over. And no, Ari's not almost 5, Joe finished a year ahead of schedule. The thing about Joe is that when he puts his mind to doing something, be it making his own Native American style running sandals, sewing his own gear, building his own bike, trying to discover lost treasure, marrying me, attempting to find big foot, getting a PhD... he does it.
In his introduction by his professor he shared some noteworthy stats about Joe: While pursuing his degree he taught lecture and lab courses (including honors labs), did lab prep, published 21 papers, and wrote and received 3 grants. What he failed to mention was that he also had 2 children and lived through Ari and I chanting "stay home Dad" in the mornings along with me calling at about 3:00 everyday asking him if maybe he wanted to come home early; which he did do on occasion. I for one am not ready for Joe to be out of school. Joe worked hard, but because of his student like schedule we also got to play hard. It's been so fun.
I'm right proud.
Photo at the top: Joe in the hot seat. Some of you will recognize this scene. Photo 2, Slide 1 of the Defense.
Monday, September 13, 2010
Dr. Joe
Posted by
Lindsey
at
11:17 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Did you get to see his talk?
yep I did. My parents and sister were in town. my sister stayed home with Ari and Isaac was asleep in the ergo. Hence my view was from the shack room.
YAY Joe!
What a change in your tune....That's first time I can remember hearing you admit to liking Joe in school. I have always missed the student schedule...I guess the next best thing will be the retirement schedule when I'm old and dusty.
Post a Comment