Last time I went to the American West Heritage Center I was 33 weeks pregnant; dilated to a 3 and 80% effaced. I was walking around the center when at one point I felt Isaac drop. A lot. I literally hobbled out of there, Isaac was so low I couldn't sit in the car. It was hot and exhausting. But not NEAR as exhausting as when I took the kids last week. We were there from 11 - 4. Five hours of chasing (or carrying) Ari and Isaac all over the place. Up down up down, to the train, to the pirate ship, through the maze, back to the train, lets eat, lets swing, Isaac screaming, Ari's hot, need water, need nap, train, awake, get me down, pick me up, back to the pirate ship, up and down and up and down and up and down the slide, to the trail... Then finally Ari slid down the slide, he sat there for a few seconds, looked at me and said "Let's go, I'm tired". Thank You! I was so worn out, I started thinking that maybe I should have started having kids when I was 18 instead of 28. Olivia and I's 10 mile hike strait up to the top and spring hollow and back didn't even leave me that exhausted. We sure had fun though, had the place to ourselves and it cooled off nicely once the storm started to roll in. We can't wait to go back when "the little narn train" is running. With Dad of course.



Monday, September 27, 2010
Kids are Exhausting
Posted by
Lindsey
at
10:12 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Made me tired just reading about it.
How fun, and exhausting! I love the pict of Ari in the train... and those stormy skies. I love stormy skies.
Post a Comment