Ari's been obsessed with Dentists ever since we started reading "Rudolph" a few months before Christmas (as you may recall his elf friend wanted to be a Dentist instead of a toy maker). Ari loves it when I tell him about what Lacey does...ok, so she's a hygienist but that's fascinating enough for Ari.
Last week while we were in St.G Lacey offered to clean Ari's teeth, he had some serious tarter buildup behind two of his lower bottom teeth that need attention. While she was cleaning she noticed a spot that looked like a cavity. The "real" dentist confirmed said cavity and we discussed our options. Children this young don't usually do well with cavity fillings, but we decided to try it anyway. Lacey got him all excited about the tools the dentist would be using, gave him lots of rides on the chair and made him excited that they were going to use a little motorcycle to get rid of his sugar bugs. I held Ari while they worked on him, they moved fast shoving this and that in his face then BAM it was over. Ari did great due in large part to the fact that Lacey was there helping. She sure knows how to make a kid love going to the dentist; Ari woke up the next day and asked to go back.
Unfortunately it would appear he will have many more chances. Despite the fact that we severely limit his sugar intake he may just have his Dads teeth...better start saving up for future dental procedures.
Thursday, May 7, 2009
Ari Sees a Real Life Dentist
Posted by
Lindsey
at
10:20 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
So lucky! Joshua has two "sugar bugs" in the front two teeth and the ped. dentist says that they have to put him under because the numbing stuff drives kids crazy when they put it in the front and they freak out. So annoying. I'm so glad he only had one cavity. When I was just over his age I had all my teeth capped. Think of him as super lucky!!!
I wish someone would hold me when I get my teeth worked on...actually that would drive me crazy.
Post a Comment