Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Happy Mothers Birthday

Lucky me Mothers Day fell on my B-Day this year...I kind of feel cheated out of a holiday but what can you do. It was a crazy day. We drove down to St.G to surprise my Mom. Everyone in my family was going to be together on Sunday except for Joe and I; and my Mom REALLY wanted a family photo. My brother-in-law was flying out of St.G that same day, it was the last time we would see of him until he got home from Iraq. So, it was a pretty big day and the last time we could get a family photo for a very long time.

On Sunday my siblings set up a big family photo shoot under the pretense that it's too bad Lindsey's fam could not be here. Seth put his camera on the tripod and just before the photo took Joe, Ari and I snuck in the back. Lacey took the camera off the tripod to show my Mom the photo so that she could make sure it was ok...someone scrolled around the photo for her so she could check everyone's faces then she saw ours and said "how did you do that?" She thought someone had done an in camera photoshop trick I guess. After she realized that was impossible she looked over and we waved. She was very excited, worth the drive and it made for a great birthday/mothers day/shipping off for Iraq party.

1 comments:

bug girl said...

That's a pretty funny trick. I am glad it worked cause there'll be stories told for generations to come.