Thursday, October 21, 2010

Ari had a Birthday

Ari had a birthday the day after we got home from Reno, and I forgot to blog about it. We drug his birthday out all day long; partly because I had not gotten things ready yet and partly so that Ari would have something to look forward to all day. He had 5 gifts so we spaced them out throughout the day. The plan was to ride a REAL train, the Heber creeper, but the last thing we or our children wanted to do was get back in the van. So, Ari was just as happy to ride the little narn train at the Heritage Center. He loved it, I even made him a train ticket because he's really into tickets, and really into the word "special", and because I'm super crafty. Wish I would have had the energy to take more/better photos, but I was throwing all my energy into maintaining a cheery disposition as I recovered from our trip.



Ari had told me earlier in the day that he didn't want anyone to come to his birthday party and sing (thankfully because I didn't have time to pull something like that off) just Mom, Dad, Zikky and Barry. So in the evening our neighbor Barry came over, we went to Jacks Pizza, climbed up and down the tree (which Ari loved, can you believe it!) and ate cake. I got Ari a remote control car for his for his birthday, I wanted to get him something besides the usual duplos and trains. It was a hit, well, for about 10 minutes anyway. He was back to his trains and duplos by the end of the evening. Lesson learned.


1 comments:

Rebekii said...

The cake turned out then? yummy yummy... that tree gig looks great!