We were in Moab this weekend teaching at the Envirothon. We had planned to stay an extra day and take advantage of someone else paying for our trip but there were a few big events in town including a big classic car show; so the place was PACKED like I have never seen it. The bike trails looked to be at full capacity so after our event was over we headed to the San Rafael Swell. We had the place to ourselves but it was so miserably windy we just drove home. I don't have many photos but I will post a few as I find them.
First this...
Perhaps it's normal for kids to be drawn to jumping in large fast moving rivers or running off sheer cliffs; I guess I just wasn't prepared for that. We definitely have to keep an extra eye on Ari because if it looks dangerous he's all over it; and fast. This is not good when camping next to a river.



Since Ari was obsessed with jumping in the river I figured it would be easier if we just all took a hike and came back to camp when it was dark and Ari couldn't see the river...instead he insisted on jumping off the cliffs. 5 inches behind Ari lies a very large, very steep cliff.
Sunday, April 27, 2008
Ari Knievel?
Posted by
Lindsey
at
12:51 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh, man. Talk about nerve-wracking! Those are some great tantrum pictures, though...perfect for when he's grown up and says "but I never gave you guys problems, right Mom?"
love those pretty photos.
I love, love, love the pictures of Ari arching his back and dropping to the ground. I know EXACTLY what that feels like, at least from Joe's perspective.
Post a Comment