Tuesday, April 8, 2008

My Bugs

The title of this blog is Joe, Linds, Ari and K-so, but up to this point I have participated in the blog much like many of you...I have read and enjoyed the posts Lindsey has contributed. Lindsey often reminds me that this is our blog, not hers, in an effort to encourage me to post something. Seeing that this is a photo-blog I was not sure what exactly to post until I received a request to post some pictures of bugs. While Lindsey is out taking pictures I spend my time photographing and collecting bugs (and the occasional lizard). To avoid boring you all to death I have decided to post only a few of the pictures I have taken over the last few years. The first three bugs are three of the organisms I am studying for my PhD research. The remaining pictures are just other interesting critters I have found while wandering the deserts. Enjoy.

5 comments:

Liv said...

Holy Cow! Joe I didn't know you had it in you! These are unbelievable! I LOVE the one of the bee in the tangle of anthers and stamens (not that I'm biased), and the one of the wasp carrying the pebble-I bet that was hard to get. I want a complete slide show sometime of all the ones you didn't post...

Lindsey said...

Wow I come home from work and all the sudden our blog is colorful!

Good to see you have really taken to your role as the occasional stay-at-home Dad; i.e. you started blogging on your days at home. Sigh, I'm so proud. It's beautiful.

Mama bee said...

Ooh la la! I really like the lacewing's glimmering eye, and how the preying mantis seems to be sizing you up. Those are some great pics. Keep 'em coming!

Becca said...

Man, I'm impressed. Those photos are beautiful.

bug girl said...

Great pictures. You, your wife, and your wife's friend should produce a disk of entomology/nature photos that high school teachers can use. Or federal graphic designer's...I hear those photo's can go for lots of money.