Monday, April 14, 2008

Birthday Bandit

You know the old lady around the corner, the one you always did the 12 days of Christmas for...well it seems I have become that little old lady. On April 11th (which I now realize was 30 days before my 30th b-day) I received these beautiful flowers (photo below) with a card that said nothing more than "Happy Birthday". I have to admit I spent the rest of the day feeling REALLY bad that someone remembered my birthday a month early. I started avoiding everyone I knew just in case I ran into the flower gifter and they asked me "how was your birthday" I knew that if they asked I would know who they were, and when I said "it's not until next month" they would know I knew and there would be this awkward moment... The next day I got a package on my doorstep, a gift that said "happy birthday" the following day another gift with the same "happy birthday" message and wouldn't you know it today I had one in my car!

You ask could it be Joe...well, #2 below doesn't describe him; but I don't doubt he may be involved, everyone is suspect. For about two days I thought it was someone in my ward (long story, lets just say I avoided them at church), I'm truly baffled...and such an odd assortment of gifts...

Here are the clues I have gathered thus far about the gifter:
1. All items match my couch (what that means I have no idea).
2. The deliverer is sneaky.
3. Either this person knew I like gerbera daisies and wooden boxes or they were lucky.
4. Unlike I previously thought this person knows when my birthday is.


4 comments:

bug girl said...

That's really funny. I hope you haven't been avoiding me too, I didn't even know your birthday was coming up. Don't hold that against me.

Suzanne said...

How fun...keep us posted!

Bonnie said...

So you have to tell us what you are getting! I thought your birthday was in the fall...

Rebekii said...

Very interesting Linds.... as my Mom would say "ah, the thought plickins!"... I also have to say - Linds we all know you love Gerber Daisies... well, don't we?.... :) I agree with Sus. Keep us posted!