Have you ever been so mad you just sort of become paralyzed; you sort of enter this dream world and feel like your blood is rising to the surface of your skin... It's more like shock and awe so you just kind of remain eerily calm...
Today Ari and I were out in the front yard watching a backhoe lift cement into a dump truck. Ari was wearing his big boy undies and accidentally peed them, so I ran into the house to get a change of clothes. I was gone MAYBE 60 seconds. I came back out, changed Ari, and as I walked by the car something caught the corner of my eye. NO! It couldn't be, that was so not there 2 minutes ago. Was Pablo Picasso in the neighborhood?
Me: Ari who drew that?
Ari: (after the 18 time asking) Ari did
Me: What did you draw it with?
Ari (after some probing): A rock.
Me: Where is the rock now?
Ari (looking sheepish as he walks over to the milk box, opens it up and pulls out a little rock): Right here Mom.
We had a long talk about why that was bad, it made Mom sad, it hurt the car, we've talked about not touching Moms car with toys, rocks or sticks etc., then sat in the house and waited for Dad to come home. He has said sorry about 20 times, I know he feels bad, he has this look...
I also know it's only a car...its just it happens to be the one were selling. Good thing I took the "for sale" photos last night eh?
Tuesday, April 7, 2009
Ari P. Picasso
Posted by
Lindsey
at
4:31 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oh man. That totally sucks. You seem to have handled it well, and i guess it goes with the territory. But oh man.
I'm very sorry for you and the car, and only home your young Picasso someday sells some artwork worth enough money to make up for what he cost you today.
You know...at one point today we just busted up laughing, I mean really, what are the odds.
Luckily our neighbor Berry is the handiest man alive. He just so happened to have some polishing and buffing supplies. He and Joe fixed the car up good as new. The part they fixed actually makes the rest of the car look bad, now we need to wax the rest of the car.
Kids
As soon as that picture appeared and before I had read your post I felt a smidgen of that feeling you described...I am still feeling it...yup, even now. What are the odds?
Wow. I'm glad you got pictures - I only got to see Joe and Barry buffing and polishing away in the aftermath. Car looks great now, by the way.
Post a Comment