Friday, April 10, 2009

Big Creepy Bunnies

The other day I met my friend Amelia and her 3 youngins at the Tree House Museum in Ogden. We learned a few things that I would like to share when planning your next trip to somewhere with the potential to have large amounts of children.

#1. Don't go to a child gathering spot during a discount event over spring break. The museum was like an ant colony of crazy yelling children; we were so glad when toddler time was over and all the honest people when home.

#2. Don't attempt to go into public with 4 kids just after nap time in which none of the kids got a proper nap (namely 2 year olds). Fits will surely ensue.

#3. Call ahead to ask if there will be a large creepy bunny present, this way you will know to watch for it and run the other way if you see it. Ari will be forever traumatized by the large man in the bunny suit. It didn't help that I called attention to the bunny by pointing out that it was the creepiest thing I had ever seen. Ari screamed for his life and spent the next 30 minutes wanting to go home.

#4. Don't ask your child to make bunny ears if he's not had a nap. Your child will surely scream and throw things off the table and other mothers will look at you funny.

#5. Don't bring a stroller. Mothers will also look at you funny if you miss the sign about no strollers allowed, then block traffic up a narrow staircase with your stroller.

#6. Consider craft hour at home instead of an afternoon on the town. Our children were most at peace for the 45 minutes they were at the craft table. Ari was totally obsessed with a pair of scissors, he sat and cut up paper the entire time.

Despite a few setbacks in the first hour it really was a nice afternoon; I'm glad we hung in there as long as we did. Amelia is a St.Georgian, like myself, so we go way back to Elementary school. I genuinely always look forward to seeing Amelia; she really is one of my favorite people to talk to. I wish I would have gotten a photo of the crew, especially when we were at the bunny ear table...oh that was a great 5 minutes...but that would not have been appropriate. So, here's Ari at home with his bunny hat.


4 comments:

Liv said...

Its a life philosophy: either you're a duck person or a bunny person. Ari knew which one he was at three months of age and he's never looked back.

Becca said...

This made me laugh out loud.

Mama bee said...

Ooh boy. Sounds like quite the adventure. I love Ari's (anti?)rabbit ears!

amelia and jason said...

Amen to that. I am pretty sure with our stroller and kids people wanted us out of there!