Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Your Selling your What?

I know I know, we seem like a constant stream of vehicle rotation... who knew a subaru would be so hard to replace;).

We've been back and forth about selling the car for months (as most of you know because I can never shut up about it). The ONLY thing we like about this car is the gas mileage, and I like driving a little car (emphasis on the "little"), they are easy to maneuver. Aside from that the car is pretty impractical for our lifestyle. BUT, we have been willing to deal with it in the name of gas consumption.

The other day as Joe and I were discussing selling the car yet again we decided to put a backward facing car seat in and see how much leg room was left after young Wilson is born. Well...there wasn't any (as seen in the photo above). Not only do Joe's legs meet the dashboard but they are propped up on the dash. As you can imagine scooting the drivers seat up creates a far worse problem.

I still can't stomach getting rid of the car, it makes me want to vomit...but I know I would love being able to move when traveling, and be able to sit in the back seat and read to the kiddos on long trips, and have leather seats that don't attract dog hair, and bring the bouldering pad wherever we go, and drive on dirt roads and...

2 comments:

kristen said...

Hey, funny... we have EXACTLY the same problem with our Scion. We were just talking about how I used to always ride in the backseat with Noah... it was partly because he was crabby, but I had forgotten that it was also because otherwise I would have been sitting with my knees on the dashboard just like Joe in the picture.
So what are you guys going to buy? We haven't decided yet. I hate cars.

Mama bee said...

So, what's next on the Wilson Desired Vehicle list?

It *is* fun getting to see the different cars, while not having to do the searching, buying, etc. Thanks for letting us live vicariously through you! :-)