Tuesday, April 14, 2009

My Algebraic Nightmare

For the past 10 years I only recall having ONE reoccurring dream, and it's more like a nightmare.

I'm back in college and all set to graduate at the end of the semester. At the very end of the semester I either remember that I'm enrolled in Algebra or I had been 1/2 going to class and did really bad on all my tests...? At any rate, the final is in two days and the score I receive on that test will determine if I get to graduate or not. I start to panic, there's NO WAY I'm taking Algebra again! Here's the strange part, my very FIRST thought every time I dream this is that I need to figure out a way to cheat. I figure I will just copy off my neighbors exam, then I remember it's math, which is a bit harder to copy; you actually have to show your work. Instead of studying I spend all my time trying to come up with a way to cheat or get out of the test. Then (thankfully), before I have to actually take the test, I wake up.

After waking up it always takes me a minute to remember that I did indeed pass Algebra (barley) and that I have indeed already graduated. I usually have this dream maybe once every 3 months or so; but in the past 5 days I've dreamed it 3 times.

What does this say about me?

5 comments:

Lauren said...

Wow...Linds, I have to say, I often have a very similar dream....not about algebra...I think it is usually some random history, or core class for college..that (slacker that I am)...stopped going to...and remember the class during finals week...it is very disturbing!

amelia and jason said...

Weird--I have a similar dream about high school, but I wake up not knowing why I can't graduate. I think we have a few issues!

Sus Mettler said...

I mean, the reason we take classes is supposedly so we can function in the real world, right? And in real life you have two options when it comes to algebra: you either know it or you know how to get someone else to do it for you. So I say if you figure out how to successfully cheat in class, you will probably always be able to get someone to do it for you in real life and, thus, you should pass the class. : )

I think the dream means you're clever and able to think outside the box!

Sus Mettler said...

P.S. Don't tell my students what I just told you.

Bonnie said...

I too have a recurring dream--its not the events that recur, it's the place, and it's nowhere I have ever been in real life or even seen in a movie. Maybe your mind just likes to have something familiar that isn't real.