Monday, May 12, 2008

Celebrating Small Moments

We are in the midst of my B-Day trip. I had intended to celebrate by focusing on taking 30 really great photos over the course of the week...but something happens in the desert. To me the best photos are ones that portray emotion; and the emotion I feel in the desert I can't portray with a photo or even with words, it's frustrating to even try. Instead I've been celebrating many small moments of awe by simply taking a deep breath and saying "this is amazing".

While I didn't end up focusing on photos, I still managed to squeeze some in. The light and colors were too alluring, for that I had to take advantage. I will post photos as I find them.

Thanks to everyone who sent/emailed/called/posted Birthday Wishes. I have the best friends/family in the world. It's going to be a great year.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel the same way about the desert Lindsey! it is a very spiritual place for me, and I have yet to take a picture of the desert that captures the emotions I feel when I am there. The Native Americans believe in a Center Place, which is where you feel connected to something in a very deep way. My Center Place always has been the desert.
Can't wait to see some pictures!!
Lindy