Saturday, May 10, 2008

Orange

Orange is the color of fire and sun and health.
Orange is the color of warmth. Of openness. Of forgiveness and acceptance.
Orange is the color of lady luck.
Orange is the color of shooting stars. Of finding the bright side to every dark night.
Orange is the color of intense and passionate red tamed by the peace and calm of yellow.
Orange is the color of iron. Of strength and will.
Orange is the color of blossoms and fruit. Of taking dreams and potential and turning them into something juicy and refreshing and beautiful.
Orange is the color of a new day. Of adventure and curiosity. Of beginnings and things to come and a bright future.
Orange is the color of exuberance. Of joy and laughter.
Orange is the color of bold birds. Of bravery. Of showing the world your best self.
Orange is the color of rememberence. Of autumn leaves celebrating another good year. Of brilliant sunsets chalking up another day with no regrets.
Orange is the color of Lindsey.

My Birthday Bandit Sperhero ended the sharade with this poem. I have never read a poem in my entire life that I love as much as this one. (If you recall I mentioned that all the gifts matched my couch, well my couch is orange).

The Birthday Bandit Superhero finally showed herself. As many of you know Olivia masterminded the whole operation with Kim as her CEO of delivery operations. Why did I suspect so many of you on several different occasions...oh ya, because most of you were in on it! ...oh that was a good time. Olivia and Joe have learned to lie so well, I'm so proud.

3 comments:

Liv said...

Aaaw... I'm glad you liked it Lins. I meant every word. You're amazing and worth celebrating once a year.

Rebekii said...

Ah - so the birthday bandit has been unfolded. Well, I have to agree with Liv's poem. You are all those things. What a wonderful poem. Happy Birthday to you... a few days late. You know, I have to say, seeing people be so good to each other, like Liv and Joe and all your other friends and family have been to you on this momentous occasion... well, it just makes me smile. Yep. Pretty wonderful how wonderful it all can be.

Bethany said...

That is a really awesome poem, Lindsey! I'm so glad your birthday bandit let me help. It was fun freaking you out that one night. :)